October 11, 2007
I know it’s not DIRECTLY related to the general topic of the site – but another example of POOR REPORTING….
“Cops say teen amassed massive array of weapons and may have planned 'Columbine'-style attack”
“I do not think an attack was imminent and I am not certain that an attack was going to occur at all…The weapons found included a 9 mm assault rifle that the teenager's mother had recently bought for him, Castor said. Police also found about 30 air-powered guns, plus swords, knives, hand grenades, a bomb-making book, videos of the 1999 Columbine attack in
The headline and pics are VERY misleading…and the video is shameful.
The “Assault Rifle” appears to be a Beretta Model CX4 “Storm, a 9mm (in this case) semi-automatic (NOT FULL AUTO) carbine (NOT AN ASSAULT RIFLE per the BATFE)
1994 Assault Weapon Ban (expired) Features List (any two of the following features to meet classification as an assault weapon[rifle]):
· A detachable magazine holding more than 10 rounds (5 rounds for shotguns).
· Military-style appearance, including semi-automatic replicas of military selective-fire assault rifles and machine guns
· A folding or telescoping stock
· Attached grenade launchers such as the M203 or rifle grenade
· On rifles and shotguns, pistol grips that extend vertically from the stock
· A bayonet lug
· Threaded barrel capable of accepting a flash suppressor, muzzle brake, or sound suppressor
· Weapons that include a barrel shroud
· On pistols, those on which the magazine attaches outside of the pistol grip
· A forward mounted pistol grip
While “scary” looking, the CX4 has (as you can see) *only one* (the detachable magazine holding more than 10 rounds) of the legally accepted features as defined by the 1994 AWB and BATFE regulations…unless you count the fact that it is black – thus “military-style appearance” – and I don’t know of any major military purchases of the weapon.
All the rest were Air Powered “GUNS” – LOL – those things are Airsoft bb “guns” not lethal in any way.
The grenade?!?! That is bad – the swords and knives? His stuff is junk – I have had better stuff when I was in schoolJ Now this is not to say the kid *might* have been dangerous….but I had two rifles and a shotgun when I was his age, probably 20 knives and swords, several bb guns and yep, a copy of the “Anarchist’s Cookbook” – I never attacked the “bullies” at my school…or even planned on it…and now I am :
A Federal LEO
A US ARMY Reservist (Military Police Investigator, w/4 Combat Tours – and leaving for a 5th one soon)
A CCW Holder
An FFL Holder
A college graduate
Hmmm….I would say that I turned out to be a responsible adult….maybeJ
Moriarti tha Kaffir
34 queries taking 0.0074 seconds, 96 records returned.
Powered by Minx 1.1.6c-pink.